Monday, April 20, 2015

Where You Hang Your Hat

To all the unfortunate souls who feel shame or disdain for a place where they have dwelt in the past...
I am proud of every place I've resided, because for a time, however short or long a period, be it a night or a decade,

I called that place a home.


I am proud of how being there gave me (however small or great a quantity) some strength, some love, some rest, some excitement.

I called that place a home.

I am proud of where I've come from, where I've grown, where I've spent my time and have learned to be the person I've become;

I called that place a home.

So pause before you sully my soil with unkind words or personal distaste.

We all have our memories, sweet and sour, of where we've lived and where we'll live. For now I am here, and I love it, because

I call this place my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment